The audit activity was carried out on board the facility, which is owned by Island Offshore Management AS, while the facility was docked at Ulsteinvik. The objective of the audit was to verify factors related to materials handling and use of cranes and lifting equipment, as part of our consideration of the company’s application for an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) for the facility.
Several nonconformities and improvement items were identified, mainly linked to the company’s overall management system and the facility-specific management system for Island Constructor. Several of the nonconformities have similarities with nonconformities identified during consideration of the application for consent for the Island Wellserver facility, approximately one year ago.
Nonconformities in relation to regulatory requirements were identified in relation to:
• Knowledge of Norwegian regulations and the company’s internal management system
• Governing documents for lifting operations, particularly for subsea lifting
• Emergency operation of lifting devices
• Access to the crane operator’s cabin and cleaning of the ceiling window in the crane cabin
Improvement items were identified in relation to:
• Equipment for cordoning off areas where lifting activity takes place
• Storage of forerunners
• Portable lifting gear
Inger Anda, Director for communication and public affairs
Email: email@example.com | +47 970 54 064