Talisman Energy Norge AS (Tenas) is the operator of the Yme facility, which is constructed and owned by SMB Offshore (SBM).
The facility was installed on the field in May 2011, about two years behind schedule. Extensive completion work is now underway, two flotels are connected to the facility and approx. 300 persons are working with construction activities, preparations and testing.
A lot of work still remains before the facility can be put in operation. The licence partners have expressed concern about the development, and the relationship between Tenas and SBM is strained, and characterised by, among other things, disagreement regarding the quality of the facility.
The objective of the audit was to assess whether the management of on-going work was in accordance with the regulatory requirements for offshore petroleum activities.
Nonconformities were identified in connection with:
• facilitation for employee participation and organisation of the safety delegate service
Furthermore, potential improvement items were identified in connection with:
• exercising supervisor responsibility and coordination of HSE work on Yme
• follow-up of chemical/physical working environment
• psychosocial working environment and HSE culture
• roles and division of responsibility related to training and information concerning health risks for hired employees
• night work
• escape routes
Inger Anda, Director for communication and public affairs
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | +47 970 54 064