The audit concerned
- Det norske oljeselskap ASA,
- ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway AS,
- Dolphin AS,
- Transocean Offshore Ltd,
- Petoro AS.
In connection with the audit the five companies conducted a self-evaluation and presented examples of improvement areas that address the factual basis and processes for management of the risk of major accidents at a corporate level.
The audit forms the basis for further evaluations by the PSA, including:
- How management of the risk of major accidents is integrated into enterprise management in practice.
- How the factual basis presented to corporate management provides a necessary picture of the risk of major accidents to which the company is exposed.
- How the processes for enterprise management in practice contribute to preventing deterioration of barriers critical to preventing major accidents.
- How HSE management systems help ensure that decisions made at the corporate level or in the licensee group do not have negative consequences for the risk of major accidents.
- How a company’s concept system can contribute to undermining the communication of matters that have proved to be of significance for preventing a major accident.
- Corporate management initiatives to improve the factual basis and processes for management of the risk of major accidents at the corporate level.
Link to the joint report following the audit of the five companies