Vigdis Extension is situated between the Vigdis field and the Tordis field in block 34/7, production license 089.
Vigdis Extension consists of
· a subsea production template with four well slots
· a subsea water injection template with four well slots
· a subsea production satellite template
· a subsea injection satellite template
· associated pipelines and umbilicals
The project also includes minor modifications on Snorre A.
The project got underway in 2002 with Norsk Hydro as operator. Statoil assumed the operatorship at the end of 2002/beginning of 2003, while Hydro is responsible for design, construction and installation of the installations as commissioned by Statoil.
The plan is for Vigdis Extension to commence operations on 15 December 2003.