The group shall:
- Exchange relevant advance information about issues the EU Commission is working on
- Discuss what this information entails
- Seek agreement on a common line for measures as a consequence of this information
- Discuss implementation strategies and plans for adopted directives
- Provide information and agree on a common interpretation of adopted directives
- Use the network as a consultation body for ideas
- Discuss national implementation proposals
- Determine a joint regulatory approach to various EU proposals.
In summary, the objective of the mandate is to achieve a common interpretation of and approach to EU/EEA legislation in safety and working environment issues, and to inform each country about this work.
The PSA participates in NSOAF, in which all of the North Sea countries' authorities with supervisory responsibility for offshore petroleum activities are represented. The new group has started its work on a common regulatory approach in two areas, organized under the following projects:
- Market control and follow-up of ”New Approach” directives
- Survey of the possibility of a common regulatory approach to CO2 capture and storage and use of new technology in the North Sea
Contact in the PSA: